Monday, October 8, 2012

forty weeks...

Welcome to 40 weeks!
3 days since the due date.
This is getting ridiculous.


So, apparently you can pull, strain and tear your ab muscles. Which is, I'm pretty sure, what has happened to my lower right abdomen. And it is NOT fun. It hurts and aches and continues to get worse. Who knew getting up from the couch could pull a muscle? I certainly didn't.

Upon reading from google, apparently this is common in pregnancy. And all I can do is thank God that I didn't have it happen sooner! This would have been terrible throughout pregnancy, much less here in the last days of it. :/

Also, I sincerely apologize for not answering calls, texts, etc. I have been prone to tears and ridiculousness when people call to ask about "is the baby here yet" or "how are you feeling"! I am honestly trying my darndest not to think about her not being here yet, because when ladies at the gas station ask "when are you due?" and I say "last Friday" and have to stop myself from tears because I'm so tired and frustrated and huge and obviously pregnant and over it, I just need to get my mind away from it. I love you guys, and I appreciate the love and the concern and the prayers! I love that you care to call and see if I'm ok. But I'm not, and I don't want to think about it if I can. The more I think about it, the more I fear labor and the more frustrated I get that she still isn't here... which is crazy because most babies (first babies, but actually most babies altogether) are late. And I know that, and I knew that, but I'm just tired. And a lot of you who went through it know that. :] Anywho, thank you for your encouragement and your love and concern! And again, I'm sorry. On the other hand, I solemnly swear that I WILL CALL, TEXT, and POST when she does come. If you have not been updated, it's because she still isn't here. :] Thanks and love to you!

_____________________________________________________________________________

HOW FAR ALONG?: Forty weeks and three days.
TOTAL WEIGHT GAIN?: like a million pounds.
MATERNITY CLOTHES?: I have four shirts that can fit over the belly.
STRETCH MARKS?: They have started to fade on the bottom....... which is a strange turn. Haha.
SLEEP?: Bah! Sleep? Who needs sleep? (ME! I need sleep! But alas, my body will NOT  allow it).
BEST MOMENT THIS WEEK?: Two movie nights with Jonathan! Cuddling in the cold house and hanging out. :]
WORST MOMENT THIS WEEK?: Her still not coming out. :[ All week.
MOVEMENT?: Right now actually.
MISS ANYTHING?: My mind. My sanity. My normal hormone levels.
FOOD CRAVINGS?: Sugar. But that could be the emo me talking.
ANYTHING MAKING ME QUEASY / SICK?: Nope.
GENDER?: a girl. A stubborn girl.
SYMPTOMS / MOODS?: A pulled abdomen muscle, an enormous beachball belly (Jonathan and I have concluded we have moved beyond basketball size...), a waddle and the inability to get up and down from chairs, beds, couches, and seats in cars.
BELLY BUTTON IN or OUT?: It's looking preeeeet-tty stretched this week. But still in.
WEDDING RINGS OFF or ON?: On!
HAPPY or MOODY MOST OF THE TIME?: I'm not gonna lie. I'm pretty prone to outbursts of tears. Be it from not being able to put socks on, to no being able to roll over in bed.
LOOKING FORWARD TO...?: Getting her OUT OF MY BODY and INTO MY ARMS!

2 comments:

  1. Erin you're amazing :) I love you. Hadassah will be here soon. Don't worry :). I love you and I'm praying for you! You're so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, so sorry that this journey is taking longer than expected... and that it's become physically painful. certainly hope you experience Dad's peace and joy in the waiting. and when she does come, like a CHRISTmas package, that you'll rejoice in just how perfectly timed her arrival is! prayers & (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete