Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Three weeks!

Three Weeks! And Happy Halloween!!
This is our adorable little ladybug!

In other news, things are going well this week. It feels like my hormones are starting to level out. The feelings of panic are further apart, and we are down to days between instead of hours. :] Baby H has been eating more and more, which means more dirty diapers, but she is definitely filling out her post-womb wrinkles nicely. Jonathan and I have been enjoying her times of increased alertness, and her funny sleeping faces (smiles, pursed lips, frowns, etc.) even if they are just gas or whatever. They are still super cute!


Her little umbilical cord finally fell off on day 17! Is that considered an innie or an outie?
Wouldn't it be so ironic if it was an outie, considering my paranoia that my own bellybutton would pop?

She and I have been spending mornings watching tv, studying, eating and changing diapers. I think I'm finding a good rhythm in it all. The new normal is sometimes a little difficult, but Jonathan is awesome about leading me back to where I need to be, and I'm beginning to enjoy the new normal slowly.

                   
                              That bow is as big as her head!         She loves kicking when we get her harness off! ha.

She had been sleeping well through the night (5 hours, and then 3 hours), but for the past couple of nights she has thrown me for a loop, sleeping less at first and startling me awake from sleep cycles. That's all right, though! :D

                                      This is the onesie grandma Dona gave her.           big yawn with daddy!

And ninja baby! <3 this picture!!

That's it for the update. :D What I wanna know, is do I count her one month on the 10th of next month? Or do I count her one month at 4 weeks? This is going to get confusing really soon....

Love y'all!! Thank you for your continued prayers and love!


4 comments:

  1. She is GORGEOUS!!! 1 month on the 10th. Kind of like in pregnancy, I've been counting my months in 4 week increments, but really it should land on the 26th of each month. Like an anniversary? I just love that little face! I'm going to have to drop in on you SOON, I just need to wake my butt up! :/ 3rd trimester is even more sleepy. Love you little sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 month on the 10th... that's how birthdays work. weird, i know. ;)
    love the adorable pictures! thank you for sharing her and your new routine/rhythm with us. we remember, it's not easy. and just when you get into a good stride their rhythm changes. i often felt like i was playing catch up. i share this as encouragement because IF you happen to find this to be true for you, you'll know that it's normal. ;)
    thankful for you three!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin I love this little baby girl! :) I'm so sad y'all won't be there when we come visit soon...BUT around Christmas break maybe?? We'll have to figure that out!!
    I'm so glad hormones and things are balancing out! I just love her so much!!!!!!!!!!! She's so tiny and cute!!! :)
    I love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete