Monday, July 2, 2012

Week Twenty-Six!

Welcome to Week Twenty-Six!

95 days till the due date! 
OR 14 weeks till the due date!

Man, I look exhausted in that picture. I had just finished our SONday festivities, and lemme tell ya, 6 toddlers with paint, costumes, and lots of running around will tire a pregnant lady out! Haha. That is also why I'm wearing the fabulous tye-dye shirt. :D Fun times at FSBC. I also didn't have the energy to re-take the picture after I saw that little Hadassah was covering the words. :/ So, it says she can open her eyes this week! And that she is approximately 1.7 pounds. Woo! Exciting stuff!

This week I have decided to start answering some other questions along with my normal ones. I'll split them up so that I don't do them all on one day. This is the first of those questions!
_____________________________________________________________________

How did you find out you were pregnant? Well... I had sort of suspected. And I got sick that week, so on Valentine's Day I came home to Jonathan with a cheese pizza, some champagne, and a movie, and he asks if I'm feeling better, and I am (for right then). And it occurs to him "Maybe you should take a pregnancy test before you drink this champagne... just to be safe." Sure enough, it was positive. And what does he say? "Well, no booze for you!" Haha. We still have the full bottle sitting on our counter at home.

What kind of Pregnancy test did you take? EPT

How many? Only the one. And lemme tell ya, it turned FAST.

What were your 1st symptoms? REALLY sore chest. :/ And then the all day "morning" sickness.

Who did you tell first? Jonathan! :D

Who was with you when you found out? Jonathan. :D Well, he was in the other room.

My 1st reaction: Tears. I was so upset we couldn't go to East Asia. And then I was worried, and scared. And then I was really excited. Luckily, my wonderful husband was nothing but happy and excited (though I'm sure a little nervous, as anyone would be!)

Was your baby planned? No, but I had been wanting to have a baby... after the summer.

When was the baby conceived? No idea. Sometime December/January-ish according to our due date.

How far were you when you found out? At first they said 4 weeks, but after they changed the due date, it was more like 6... the symptoms had been there for a couple weeks.

How did your parents react? Haha. I sent my dad a birthday present, with frames that said "I love grandpa" and "I love grandma" in them. In the frame I had put "Baby Bull, coming October 2012". Apparently my dad didn't have his glasses so my mom read it to him and she kept saying "what does that mean?!" And my dad finally told her "It means your daughter is pregnant!" :D haha. He text me and told me to call him, which I did immediately. They were both really excited! :D And still are!
___________________________________________________________________

HOW FAR ALONG?: 26 weeks!
TOTAL WEIGHT GAIN?: just about 18 pounds.
MATERNITY CLOTHES?: Yep. I'm on the lookout for casual dresses with not so low cut tops, and longer skirts (as the bump makes any dress a little shorter). :] In case anyone sees one/some, let me know! It's so hot!!!
STRETCH MARKS?: a few around my belly button that are getting darker!
SLEEP?: Like a rock.
BEST MOMENT THIS WEEK?: Getting her first 12 clothe diapers! It was so exciting! They have almost all been prepped. Woot! AND my wonderful husband fixed our vacuum!! Woot woot! Operation cleaning baby room/house will soon be under way!
WORST MOMENT THIS WEEK?: Heat, heat, and more heat. :[
MOVEMENT?: Nudges. A lot after lunch and dinners. And apparently early in the morning, but I'm not usually awake to feel it, and it doesn't wake me up.
FOOD CRAVINGS?: Green grapes!
ANYTHING MAKING ME QUEASY / SICK?: Nope!
GENDER?: a beautiful baby girl. :D
SYMPTOMS / MOODS?: Growing belly. Lower back pain, side pain, and overwhelming overheating.
BELLY BUTTON IN or OUT?: Still in, but it's definitely stretching.
WEDDING RINGS OFF or ON?: On.
HAPPY or MOODY MOST OF THE TIME?: Happy. :D
LOOKING FORWARD TO...?: My baby showers in August and September (If you want more info, check out my last post and PLEASE send me your address for ANY shower--Portales and Alb.). AND starting to clean the house. AND making this book shelf I've been trying to make for our little girl. 

1 comment:

  1. ahhhh... thanks for answering our questions!
    we too were sad to hear you wouldn't be joining us this summer, but we are SUPER EXCITED for your budding family! we miss you, but so thankful that there is now more of y'all to love! ;)

    ReplyDelete